Thursday 23 April 2009

An angry moment

I feel angry. Actually right now I feel calm. But I was angry. Very angry.

Today we had the meeting about my sisters future. Set out a life plan for her and everything. Firstly, my Dad appears to have no intention of appearing. He says it's becasue my Mum said it might not be a good idea for too many people to be there. Personally... If it were me I'd say Fuck that. I'm her father. Apparently not. However he attends.

He then spends the next... 1 hr 45 hardly saying anything. We're asked things like "what does SD like to do", "what friends does SD have", "does SD still want to live at home?". I get involved, Mum gets involved even her college tutor gets involved. Nothing. I generall get the impression he thinkis its some kind of hippy crap but I see a point. At the end of it we are all meant to offer a commitment to SD. It may be "I will take her swimming every Thursday" or "I promise I will make more time to listen to her" Stupid stuff... but promising it out loud in front of a room full of people makes it more pro active. Like it's more likely to happen.Nothing.

I make my promise to her, that I will make arrangements with whatever job I end up in next to have at least one regular weekend off a month so that I can come here, or she can come to me. His response "Well with demands like that I wouldn't employ you".

Firstly.... i wasn't going to walk in, stamp my feet and demand anything. I was going to explain the situation and ask nicely. Once I have the job and have been in it for a little while to show them my worth. I tend to find that if you explain and ask nicely very few employers are going to say no, especially when you prove that you're worth it. I've never been sacked. And although towards the end at Phones 4 U I wasn't exactly employee of the month I was so fucking miserble being in that soul sucking sales environment that I felt like just rolling over and dying half the time. I hate sales. I want to help people. Not screw them for every penny. (apart from the tossers) Every other job I have had, the staff and bosses have been sorry to see me go. I know I am a good employee. I turn up on time, I do my job, I don't take the piss with sick days or holidays. I don't make demands. I would be asking for one thing. Just like the weekend Dad or Mum who only has their kids every other weekend. Only I'm just asking for one a month... and hell... if I was ever asked to work it because they were understaffed, of COURSE I would. Just as long as generally I could have them for her.

Secondly, with the troubles I am having finding a new job that is exactly what I wanted to hear, that my own fricking father wouldn't employ me. Thanks Dad. No wonder he left without making a promise to her.

So it ended up me shouting at my Dad, and him asking me how I dare talk to him like that. Quite simple. You may be my Dad, but if you want my respect treating me like a petulant stupid 5 year old is NOT the way to go about it.

I am so... livid. SD is more than just my sister, she's.... well it's hard to describe. She's as much my responsibility as she is my Mums. I want the best for her. I love her. I miss not being near her when I'm away in Sheffield, and I worry about her. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Anyway... now I'm on IT support duty making her PC more SD friendly. Removing stupid windows password prompt, making iot more XP in style, and installing Bob the Builder, Fimbles and 101 Dalmations games for her.

Hopefully she'll like it. More likley I'll get a gobful for being on her PC! NVM eh!

No comments:

Post a Comment